[vorbis-dev] Re: New Directshow filters preview...

Silvia Pfeiffer Silvia.Pfeiffer at csiro.au
Wed Mar 31 16:29:10 PST 2004

Hi Christian,

I believe there is another misunderstanding here...

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
>> Firstly because i have my own demuxer which is far more intuitive to use
>> than libogg in an OO framework.
>>
> It will be hard, if not impossible, for the Xiph people to add your filters
 > to the official Xiph CVS if you dont make them based on
libogg/libvorbis ?
 > How could they maintain your code if you cant care about it anymore ?
 > Not that i am involved here, its just a remark.

>> find
>> this much easier to use and more intuitive than using libvorbis
>> directly...
>>

> ... ACK, but this may prevent the adoption of your code as official
> DShow filters by Xiph, as stated above

libfishsound is a wrapper around libvorbis and libspeex. So, when using
conrad's libfishsound, libvorbis and libspeex are still required to
allow encoding and decoding. Thus, your argument that illiminable's
DirectShow filters are not building on Xiph software only holds true for
libogg and thus the demuxer, but not actually for libfishsound and thus
the vorbis/speex decoding. In my opinion, those should definately be of
interest to be kept at Xiph.

Cheers,

Silvia.