[vorbis-dev] library of ogg vorbis encoder

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Mar 25 15:04:16 PST 2004

On Thursday 25 March 2004 19:29, Guillaume ROGET wrote:
> Hello,
> I have succeed  in compile oggencoder to create ogg enc.exe, but I have
> put libraries in my visual c++ project( ogg_static_d.lib
> vorbis_static_d.lib vorbisenc_static_d.lib).
> What are these libraries? What does they contain?
> In my visual project, I have just audio.c;encode.c; getopt.c;
> getopt1.c;oggenc.c;platform.c;utf8.c in the source files.
> I don't know where are the files (MDCT.c; PSY .c etc.....). I don't know
> when the program call these functions.
> Many thanks
> Guillaume

ogg_static_d.lib contains libogg - the ogg framing layer.
vorbis_static_d.lib contains the core vorbis encoder/decoder functions.
vorbisenc_static_d.lib contains the encoder mode setup and codebooks.

The files you list are the oggenc source. The other files (mdct.c, psy.c,
etc.) are from libvorbis itself, if you want the source to these then
download the libvorbis source.

Mike