[vorbis-dev] Matlab implementation

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Mar 11 14:25:35 PST 2004

Hi,

Interesting --- only for vorbis ? Do you mean mixing as in "mixing
multiple input streams to one output stream" the way hardware mixing
does ? If so, I did a thesis for this for MPEG quite a few years ago,
where I figured out how to do only partial decoding/encoding of MPEG and
mixing input streams in the subsample domain.  This allowed me to speed
up the process a lot, resulting in 4channel mixing to mpeg on a
pentium-200.

If you're doing something similar, I'd be interested in what conclusions
you come to for ogg/vorbis.

Thanks
Thomas

I'd like to tell you how I feel