[vorbis-dev] Error after half-blocksize

Christian Wassmer chwassme at student.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 4 06:41:41 PST 2004

Hi

I've got serious problem with my Vorbis-Decoder. The error seems to
happen in the inverse Mdct. Before the imdct the values seems to be
correct (compared with those of jOrbis (www.jcraft.com/jorbis/)). But
after the transformation the values shows a strange behaviour. In [0,
blocksize/2] the values are correct, but in [blocksize/2, blocksize] the
values are wrong.

The difference in this interval between the values of jOrbis and mine is
like a sinus-wave, but not a very clear one. [It's hard to describe it
as long you have no picture. I don't if it's appropriate to attach
images to such mailing-list-mails, but if needed I'll send one ...]
Perhabs the following "dot-picture" will help a little bit ... Up to
blocksize/2 the values are ok, but afterwards there is high "sinus-peak"
followed by two lower negative peaks and another high-peak.

             . .

first half are ok while in the second they are not ...

Regards,
Christian Wassmer