[vorbis-dev] Vorbis on Symbian

Robert Rose rose at cafwap.net
Mon Mar 1 00:04:07 PST 2004

Hey all, I was searching the internet and came across some code in the
Vorbis repository that claims to have ported Ogg Vorbis to Symbian.  I
downloaded the tarball and was able to compile it on my system.

So I'm new to Symbian audio programming, and even newer to Vorbis. :)
Is there a quick 'n dirty API I can use to just start playing an OGG
file from within my Symbian app, or do I have to code on top of
vorbisfile as the examples show?

Also, does anyone have any feeling for what the OGG performance is on a
Series 60 Symbian device?  I'd like the Vorbis code to run in the
background of the game I'm developing, so it can't be too much of a
drain on the CPU.

thanks!
-robert