[Vorbis-dev] MAGIX Music Studio 2005 Deluxe

Michael Smith msmith
Thu Jun 24 17:15:23 PDT 2004

On Friday 25 June 2004 07:57, Steve Russell wrote:
> I was just reviewing MAGIX Music Studio, and it advertises that it exports
> Ogg Vorbis.  Does this mean I can have all the benefits of the Ogg Vorbis
> codec without having to learn how to "do" Ogg Vorbis"?  I am simply
> interested in reducing the size of my standard .wav files.

Steve,

Firstly, this isn't a development question - so you should send stuff like
this (in the future) to vorbis at xiph.org, not vorbis-dev at xiph.org.

Next, actually answering your questions: I'm not really sure what you mean by
"learn how to 'do' Ogg Vorbis", but the simple answer is "Yes, you can encode
vorbis with this program". I haven't actually used it (or even heard of it
before), so I can't say anything specific about it, but most of these
applications just give you an option to "export to vorbis", which will do the
encoding for you.

Personally, for me, this sounds like more complexity than just using oggenc,
but that's not true for everyone - if you don't like command line tools, then
this is probably a good bit of software.

Mike