[Vorbis-dev] Tutorial/Docs for using libvorbis directly

Michael Sparks michaels
Tue Jul 6 07:53:19 PDT 2004

On Friday 02 Jul 2004 00:51, Michael Smith wrote:
> sending them to this list would be the best approach. We'll review things,
> and commit it to svn.

I tried sending this yesterday, but the size of the tar ball/attachment caused
it to bounce. I've copied the tar ball onto my home DSL box, and you can get
at it here:
* http://www.thwackety.com/bytestobeeps.tar.gz

Since we're hoping it's useful enough to go into your svn tree, and the code
is heavily derived from the sample decoder that you guys wrote, this code is
covered by whatever license you deem it necessary for inclusion. (this was
suggested by my research leader)

Clearly we would retain copyright (the BBC does this for everything), but
when participating in standards groups we generally adhere to the common
ground rules the group is working to. In this case that means the same
license as vorbis is distributed under. I hope it's useful :)

The actual docs for libvorbis are separated out in the last page, in a format
probably suitable for munging into a separate reference document.

Any comments/corrections welcome :)

Best Regards,

Michael.
--
Michael Sparks, Senior R&D Engineer, Digital Media Group
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk,