[vorbis-dev] Mac 10.2.8

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Jan 20 10:33:58 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:22:01PM +0000, jim smith wrote:

> we try to decode ogg - files on Mac 10.2.8 ( later on 10.3 ).
> But we did not find any files... .

I assume you mean you're looking for decoder software for MacOS? Whamb is a good (shareware)
player. Please see http://vorbis.com/software.psp?pid=4 for a list of players. You can also
install the quicktime component from qtcomponents.sf.net and itunes will be able to play Ogg
Vorbis files off the disk, although streaming does not work.

If you want to build from source, see http://vorbis.com/download_unix_1.0.1.psp

Hope that helps,
 -r

P.S. vorbis@ would have been more appropriate for this question, unless you are trying to build