[vorbis-dev] a trojan is on your computer!

programmer_ted ted at fusionapple.com
Sat Jan 17 16:29:58 PST 2004

Yup, the virus in the attachment is W32.Sober.C at mm (according to Norton
Antivirus).

>From the Symantec site:

W32.Sober.C at mm is a mass-mailing worm that uses its own SMTP engine to
spread. The subject of the email varies and is written in either English or
German. The email's     attachment name also varies, but it has a .bat,
.com, .cmd, .exe, .pif, or .scr file extension.

The first time W32.Sober.C at mm is activated, it displays a fake error
message, with the subject "Microsoft," and the text "<file name> has caused
an unknown error. Stop: 00000010x18."

This threat is written in the Microsoft Visual Basic programming language
and is compressed with UPX.

The URL that I got that from is
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sober.c@mm.html
in case you did launch this attachment (so you can remove the virus).

Ted