[vorbis-dev] a trojan is on your computer!

Lourens Veen lourens at rainbowdesert.net
Sat Jan 17 23:57:24 PST 2004

On Sun 18 January 2004 01:28, Tuomo Latto wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:23:40 -0800, programmer_ted
> <ted at fusionapple.com>
>
> wrote:
> > For anyone who can't see through his lies, this is a scam to
> > make you run the attachment found in his message, which is most
> > likely a virus.  Don't run the attachment unless you like
> > viruses.
>
> My service provider runs F-Secure Anti-Virus for all email so I
> can confirm that there indeed is 'W32/Sober.C at mm' virus in the
> attachment. Not that this confirmation would be needed.
>
> Or is it? Do people really think like this:
> "I always open attachments sent to _Jack_ by _Monty_
> _from_Norway_ or anyone who has already committed a crime against
> me and admitted it. Hmm, I wonder why I got this mail sent to
> Jack in the first place? Maybe the mailman made a mistake.
> No worries, I'll open the attachment anyway."

I thought it strange that an American would send mail from an adsl
line in Italy, claiming he was from Norway. As for the attachments,
I always feel left out...Windows trojans don't even run on Linux
let alone infect anything :-(.

Lourens

--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key