[vorbis-dev] where & how

Ben Moran xiph at benmoran.net
Wed Feb 11 07:36:06 PST 2004

I'm a beginner in this area, but I'm finding that a very useful book
which includes covers some of this material is David MacKay's
"Information Theory, Inference, and Learning Algorithms".

It's quite heavy going but not needlessly so.  And it has the great
advantage of being freely available for online viewing so you can have a
look through it before you buy:

  http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/mackay/itprnn/book.html

Ben Moran