[vorbis-dev] Stereo mode settings

Stephen So s.so at griffith.edu.au
Tue Feb 3 02:17:11 PST 2004

Hi everyone,

I'd like a bit of information about the stereo mode settings in
psych_44.h of libvorbis.  Specifically, about the adj_stereo structure:

typedef struct {
  int   pre[PACKETBLOBS];
  int   post[PACKETBLOBS];
  float kHz[PACKETBLOBS];
  float lowpasskHz[PACKETBLOBS];
} adj_stereo;

What I am attempting to do is bring lossless stereo coupling down to the
lower quality levels in order to test out whether the high frequency
boost is present (and caused by point stereo).  So I'd like some advice
on how to set up this adj_stereo for uncoupled stereo, lossless coupled,
and lossy coupled, etc.

Best regards,

Steve.

Stephen So, BEng(Hons)

PhD Student,
Signal Processing Laboratory,
School of Microelectronic Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology,
Griffith University, Nathan Campus,
Brisbane, QLD, Australia, 4111.

Phone: +61-7-3875 3754
E-mail: s.so at griffith.edu.au