[Vorbis-dev] Crash when reading OGG/Vorbis file

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Mon Dec 20 04:30:05 PST 2004

>> I haven't looked, but is there any kind of validation function that an
>> app can use to test a file before trying to process it.  Kind of like
>> an ogginfo with a return status?
>
> Not that I know of, though you could build one out of the guts of ogginfo
> if
> you wanted, which shouldn't be too hard.

There is one :)

It's handy for finding errors at the ogg level only... it doesn't know about
whats going on inside the codec.

Unfortunately it's still part of my much larger package... so you'll have to
do a pretty big checkout to get at it.

http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/oggdsf/

Check out there... then look in the macosx directory and there's xcode
projects to build several of my ogg libraries and validation/dump/info
command line tools. The macosx builds are only pretty new thanks to ozone
(there's also unix make files of them too... and of course windows!)... but
they all worked when we tested them a few days ago. BTW the check-out is
like 30 Megs... hopefully you aren't on dialup.

If you have acess to a windows box... you can download them pre-built for
windows here... http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/ They are in the installation
directory (OOOggValidate, OOOggDump etc etc)... At some point i'll try to
get some pre-built mac versions available... just a little busy right now
(and i have no macs... so i'll have to get someone else to do it)

Alternatively... if you email me off the list, we can organise a way for you
to get the file to me if you wish... either you can upload it somewhere and
send me a link, or we'll work something else out.

Cheers,

Zen.