[Vorbis-dev] ov_open error !

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Dec 6 15:45:14 PST 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 16:01, null wrote:

> run time error when ov_open call :(, help me !
> -run in win32 os

It's hard to say what this might be. Perhaps you've linked against
incompatible versions of the libraries, or something like that? That's the
most common cause of unexpected crashes in ov_open() - differing ABIs between
application and library. You can usually fix this by either:
 a) compiling your application using the same settings as the libraries
 b) recompiling the vorbis libraries using the same settings as your
application
 c) annotating/configuring things to tell your development environment what
ABI is in use.

Since I'm not a windows expert, nor do I know what development environment
you're using, I can't give any more specific advice, sorry.

Mike