[Vorbis-dev] How to use Ogg_d.dll in VB.NET ?

jacob jacob at bakholt.dk
Wed Dec 1 09:10:57 PST 2004

It is indeed a normal DLL. Using declare's, imports, marshalling types and so on in .NET is one way to do it and I've done it months ago. But let me tell you a secret... there's another way which is much faster and more reliable. Using C++ .NET to build a .NET assembly!

With C++ .NET you can import the static ogg/vorbis libs directly into your .NET C++ projects and wrap the static lib calls into one-liner functions. I've wrapped Vorbiscomment reading into one-liner functions in a Vorbis.dll of mine just to see if it was possible.
I'm sure i've still got the sourcecodeproject somewhere but only if requested i'll try to find it :o)

Jacob