[Vorbis-dev] How to use Ogg_d.dll in VB.NET ?

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Wed Dec 1 05:37:51 PST 2004

On 2004-12-01 at 11:45:35 Morten Nielsen wrote:

> I have tried to add the DLL in the references list under VB.NET but its not
> accepted as a
> NET DLL or COM DLL, and I cant find out how to call it from within VB.NET,
> could one of you help me with this ?.

If Ogg_d.dll is what I think it is, it's probably not a .NET or COM
library at all, but a normal DLL.  So you'll have to import them
manually by using a Declare statement.  At least, that's how it used
to work in VB6:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon98/html/vbconusingdllprocedureinyourapplication.asp

I don't know if you can do this at all with .NET, I wouldn't touch
that with a 10 foot pole. ;)