[vorbis-dev] subversion and libexpat

R.L. Horn eastcheap at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 19 17:59:32 PDT 2004

Not strictly to do with vorbis, but everyone who installed subversion for
access to the xiph development sources should check to be certain that
libexpat is where (and what) you expect it to be.

Subversion (at least version 1.0.1) comes with a Jurassic version of
libexpat (1.95.1 or libexpat.so.0.1.0).  In my case, it ended up installed
in /usr/lib (along with an .la file and a libexpat.so symlink) and was
used in preference to the one that comes with XFree when I built new
versions of fontconfig and the gimp.  This caused some incredibly
irritating problems including, at one point, a non functioning xterm.