[vorbis-dev] Given ONLY an ogg packet, can one be able to decode the packet to PCM?

Kenji Chan adslbqmr at tpg.com.au
Tue Apr 13 03:04:04 PDT 2004

Thanks for anyone's input for my question

Well, I know many people say speex is a better choice for voice, but I tried
to use speex to encode my voice, and it's slow, much slower than ogg vorbis
and lame(mp3), but the encoded file is just a little smaller or no
difference.

I'm look for more on sound quality & low delay with good compression, vorbis
seems to be better for me as I can have higher sound quality possible with
higher bitrate (44.8 Max for speex). And I'm not only streaming voice, not
involved with VoIP, and the Internet will only be faster(no need that low
bitrate).

Am I wrong?