[vorbis-dev] Concatenating waves

Adriano Almeida adriano at continuum.com.br
Fri Apr 30 13:36:30 PDT 2004

Hello,
I want to guarantee that a few wav files when converted to .ogg use the same codebook and configuration so that I can will store the setup packets 1 time, saving the space used for each file's setup packets and, when decoding(playing) the files, sparing the time wasted setting things up.

(right??)

So, my big question is?? Should I  put silence between them or a big noise (fill the wav from peek to peek)?? each one will be easier to identify when I read the big ogg and try to separate only the audio packets that correspond to the same old wav files?

Project is something like this

------> store config headers in another file   ---->  save audio packets of first wav in another file  ->

----> jump the noise/peek audio packets ----->   save audio packets of second wav in another file  ->

----> jump the noise/peek audio packets ----->   save audio packets of third wav in another file.