[vorbis-dev] regarding audio codec

giles at xiph.org giles at xiph.org
Sat Sep 27 08:56:57 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 09:47:34AM +0100, satish rao wrote:

> Iam presently working on ogg vorbis audio decoder for ADI family of processor for ADI solution provider company in india. I would be happy to know, the format of each frame of encoded file. Iam using the decoder_example.c file and with that i have added all the associated files. Initially iam simulating in  Visual C++ Environment. After checking through that i would be cross compiling for the target processor. Please help me out about, how to proceed with the encoded frame. How do i give a frame as an input to my decoder source. i am badly looking for help in the regard.

It sounds like you're asking how to use libvorbis directly, without the
libvorbisfile convenience library. I'd recommend just looking at
vorbisfile.c for an example of how to parse the ogg bitstream and call
libvorbis directly. Also read the libogg and libvorbis api documentation
included with the source. If you have more specific questions, we're
happy to answer them here.

If you mean you want to implement your own decoder, please see the
Vorbis I specification document at http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/docs.html
This should describe everything you need to know.

I'm not familiar with the ADI family. If it doesn't provide a hardware
floating point implementation, you might what to look at our fixed-point
implementation, called tremor. See <http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/> for
links.

Good luck with your port; it's always nice to see vorbis gain another
platform.

 -r