[vorbis-dev] Re: Division by zero.

Rodrigo Gómez rgomez at msa.com.mx
Mon Sep 22 19:29:01 PDT 2003

Ok... I'll try whatever I can to make a test case. The problem here is that
I'm not encoding a WAV file, but "live" audio. Anyway, I can record in a WAV
file the audio and try to reproduce it.

I'm not sure if this is my bug or something like that, but it certanly
happens. I have been at least the last 24 hours trying to find the bug, with
no luck. I have been able to test 11025, 14000, 18000, 22000, 22050, 23000,
38000, 44100, and, between 18000 and 23000 the error happens. This only
happens with quality greater than 0.0. I'm doing several threads, and as
more threads are running, it seems to happen before (running one encoding
thread only takes about 2 seconds to produce the error, running 4 makes the
error happen at about half second after the start). That's why I think that
I may be having some odd problem with the threads, but I really don't know.

I'll do a simple, non-threaded app to try to reproduce this, and see what
happens.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, latests patches, and my dev enviroment is BCB 6
with update pack 4.

Thanks!

Rodrigo Gómez

"Michael Smith" <msmith at xiph.org> escribió en el mensaje
news:200309231047.49847.msmith at xiph.org...
On Tuesday 23 September 2003 06:11, Rodrigo Gómez wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm getting this exception, Floating point division by zero, when encoding
> at, for example, 22050 hz. This doesn't happens in a specific song or
> audio, it mostly happens after several calls to vorbis_analysis. This also
> doensn't happens, at least so far, at 11025, 8820 or 44100. Also, it
> doesn't seem to happen at low qualities (0, -0.1).

There were some problems like this with 1.0. All the known ones are fixed in
cvs, if you have a test case that you can reproduce with a cvs build, please
submit a bug report (at http://bugs.xiph.org/), and attach a sample file
that
can trigger it (as well as code if you can't reproduce with things like
oggenc or encoder_example).

Mike

'vorbis-dev-request at xiph.org'