[vorbis-dev] Division by zero.

Rodrigo Gómez rgomez at msa.com.mx
Mon Sep 22 13:11:16 PDT 2003

Hi there.

I'm getting this exception, Floating point division by zero, when encoding
at, for example, 22050 hz. This doesn't happens in a specific song or audio,
it mostly happens after several calls to vorbis_analysis. This also doensn't
happens, at least so far, at 11025, 8820 or 44100. Also, it doesn't seem to
happen at low qualities (0, -0.1).

The exception is generated in the line 675 of psy.c

Debugging, I found that several times before the exception is produced (or
at least that's what I can see), D has the value of 0.0, but the division
doesn't fail. R gets a -NAN as value, and everything continues. Some calls
more the exception is raised. When encoding at 44100, for example, D never
gets a 0 as value, or at least not that I have been able to get.

I'm sorry if this is vague information, but that's all I have right now. I'm
using the source snapshot from about 2 days, but also with the 1.0 it
happens.

Any help would be great. If you need more info, or specific info about the
val that the other variables have in that case, and so on, please let me
know.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Gómez