[vorbis-dev] UDP streaming vorbis

eross+vorbis-dev at disc.ucn.cl eross+vorbis-dev at disc.ucn.cl
Wed Sep 10 10:05:21 PDT 2003

Hello..

I've searching the mailing lists archives for udp streaming, but i only
found some references to using rtp, but it doesnt answer all my
questions..,

I'm trying to implement a vorbis client/server for doing streaming over
udp. Currently, using the examples in the vorbis source code I managed to
make it work. (BTW, im using multicast, and it works fine). The problem is
that the clients must connect from the begining of the stream, or they
will not recieve the first packets and complain about the stream not being
ogg/vorbis.

In some post, someone told that he was re-transmitting these packets every
N seconds.

Is there some alternative to this ? I'd like to make a client that can
connect in any time to the server.

Thanks in advance for any idea.

--
The names of their development products, visual this, visual that, almost
makes one think that you can create software just by looking at your computer