[vorbis-dev] Low Bitrate Vorbis and Adaptive Streaming

Robert Jessop robertjessop at f2s.com
Sun Oct 26 11:28:09 PST 2003

Apologies for accidently putting my previous message in another thread.

Anyway, I've worked out how encoding works and modified
encoder_example.c to use ABR mode but then access any of the possible
packets generated instead of letting the bitrate manager choose one.

I used my encoder to experiment with low bitrates and managed to get
44KHz stereo at about 18kbps (VBR). The high frequencies need tuning but
I think there's a lot of potential there. Hopefully this area will get
tuned in 1.1.

I've put up a quick introduction to my Adaptive Streaming idea and some
low bitrate examples here:

http://www.robertjessop.f2s.com/vorbis/

Robert Jessop