[vorbis-dev] win32sdk-1.0.1

David Etherton etherton at RockstarSanDiego.com
Thu Oct 23 07:57:33 PDT 2003

> So if you import the VC6 project files into VC7 and do a build, it
> updates the links to require the VC7 runtime?

VC6 and VC7 both link with (for example) libc.lib.  But each supplies a
different version, containing references to a different DLL.  With the
exception of _ftol / _ftol2, I wouldn't be surprised if you could point
VC7 at VC6's include directories and libraries and it would work just
fine.  They couldn't have made significant changes to the ABI between
versions or none of the existing DLL's (the entire Win32 SDK, for that
matter) would work properly.

-Dave