[vorbis-dev] Vorbis-RTP situation

philkerr at elec.gla.ac.uk philkerr at elec.gla.ac.uk
Sun Oct 12 14:34:29 PDT 2003

Since the last update of the Vorbis-RTP draft the project I'm working on has
shifted its focus towards MS DRM based content and so the time to build a
Vorbis-RTP reference implementation has all but dried up :(

However at the last AVT meeting I met with an implementator of the draft who
said apart from a few nits it performed to spec.  One of the biggest changes
over earlier versions has been the delivery of the codebooks with both RTCP and
SDP methods now available, testing these out to determine if they do work over a
wide range of networking environments would be a good place to start.

Jack's suggestions for possible test frameworks are good choices.  I started to
prototype the RTP stack in GNU/ccRTP but a diverse range of implementation
technologies is good.

So, if you are interested in helping with the draft, or are interested in
writing implementations based on it, please get in touch.

Regards