[vorbis-dev] Vorbis plugin for RealOne Player

Rishi Mathew rmathew at real.com
Thu Oct 9 14:06:56 PDT 2003

Hi All,

I am trying to build an Ogg/Vorbis plugin for RealOne Player through the
HelixCommunity source. During runtime, however, I saw an access violation.
I did some debugging and narrowed it down to the following function in the
Vorbis source..

int vorbis_synthesis(vorbis_block *vb,ogg_packet *op){
   vorbis_dsp_state     *vd=vb->vd;
   backend_lookup_state *b=vd->backend_state;
   vorbis_info          *vi=vd->vi;
   codec_setup_info     *ci=vi->codec_setup;
   oggpack_buffer       *opb=&vb->opb;
   int                   type,mode,i;

   /* first things first.  Make sure decode is ready */
   _vorbis_block_ripcord(vb);
   oggpack_readinit(opb,op->packet,op->bytes);
   /* Check the packet type */
   if(oggpack_read(opb,1)!=0){
     /* Oops.  This is not an audio data packet */
     return(OV_ENOTAUDIO);
   }
   /* read our mode and pre/post windowsize */
   mode=oggpack_read(opb,b->modebits);
   if(mode==-1)return(OV_EBADPACKET);
..
}

because the backend_lookup_state pointer (b) is null. There should be some
check to see if the pointer is null...

Please let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,
Rishi.