[vorbis-dev] Re: Re: Division by zero.

Rodrigo Gómez rgomez at msa.com.mx
Fri Oct 3 08:34:24 PDT 2003

Replied by mail.

--
Rodrigo Gómez
"John Denton" <dentons at clara.co.uk> escribió en el mensaje
news:002a01c38966$edff31e0$84f5fea9 at theboss...
Hi Rodrigo,

My encoder is built in C++ Builder 4 and I use Ogg Vorbis DLLs built in VC++
(Beta 7), Borland or MinGW. I don't use threads, and encoding is from wav
(or ape) file to ogg.

My latest VC++ build(s) of the CVS (downloaded 30 Sept) exhibit exactly the
symptoms you have reported. I can throw 8000/8bit wavs at it, 48000/32bit
wavs at it, and 16000 or 22050 wavs at it as long as the quality doesn't
exceed 0 - no problem. As soon as I try 16000 or 22050 (those are the only
two sample rates I have to hand) at a quality above 0 I get a blue screen -
every time. I'm tired of rebooting!

I can let you have a copy of those builds if you want to play with them.
More to the point I can let you have a build which *appears* to fix it.
Contact me direct is probably best.