[vorbis-dev] win32sdk-1.0.1

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Fri Oct 24 15:03:57 PDT 2003

> I'm not 100% sure on this. However, as an exercise, I just created a set of
> dynamically linked dlls using the project files uploaded a little earlier,
> using VC6, and then compiled a dynamic version of oggenc using MinGW32 and
> the export libs created with the dll compiles. The dynamic oggenc created
> functions correctly and uses the VC6 dlls with no hint of complaint.
>
> I don't have Borland to be able to attempt anything!!

Ok, it sounds like linking statically is the way to go possible.  Can
anyone thing of any downside?

So rigth now we'd supply:

Source with VC6 Project files.

Binary DLLs, LIBS that are statically linked against VC6 runtime.

If not one has any objections, I think we should change the project
files for hte dlls to statically linked runtimes, and then call it done.

jack.