[vorbis-dev] Test .ogg files

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Fri Oct 24 05:30:17 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 05:01, Johannes Sandvall wrote:
> Is there a archive with a collection of different .ogg files encoded
> with different settings that can be used to verify compatibility?

There is no archive that I know of, but you can produce certain test
cases yourself.

> * Different window size (e.g. != 256,2048)

The 1.0 encoder uses window sizes of 512 and 4096 at quality -1.

> * Much larger codebooks and other extreme cases that are not generated
>   using a standard encoder.

I'm not sure about "much" larger, but as far as I know the beta encoders
had significantly larger codebooks than 1.0. You can get a beta encoder
by grabbing the code from CVS with the appropriate release tag.

> * floor0

If I recall correctly, the encoder used floor0 up to beta 4.

Hope this helps,

Carsten Haese