[vorbis-dev] Encoding in Delphi - Help

Lourens Veen lourens at rainbowdesert.net
Sun Nov 9 03:17:44 PST 2003

On Sun 9 November 2003 11:42, Crock Real wrote:
> Thank you everybody so much!
>
> I found the problem. If I use vorbis_encode_init() instead of
> vorbis_encode_init_vbr() then it's very slow. Is it normal?

Well, you're using (managed) average bitrate mode instead of the
normal variable bitrate then. From the vorbisenc manpage:

       --managed
              Set bitrate management mode.  This  turns  off  the
              normal  VBR  encoding,  but  allows  hard  or  soft
              bitrate constraints to be enforced by the  encoder.
              This  mode  is  much  slower, and may also be lower
              quality. It is primarily useful for creating  files
              for streaming.

So that's probably the cause of the slowness then.

Lourens

--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key