AW: [vorbis-dev] Compiling problems libvorbis 2.0

Lourens Veen lourens at rainbowdesert.net
Sat Nov 8 11:17:57 PST 2003

On Sat 8 November 2003 20:02, Daniel Knoll wrote:
> Hi Lourens,
>
> thanks for help. Yes you have right,
> The GNU-ld is the solve of this problem. what is wrong with the
> SUN-ld ? I don't know, but I'm happy thats now work.

Probably nothing, except that it doesn't know that object files
compiled with gcc need to be linked to libgcc. There's no reason it
should know really. Anyway, for future reference, it's probably
best to use either the Sun cc with Sun ld, and GNU gcc with GNU ld.

Lourens

--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key