[vorbis-dev] Quicktime components and FLAC

Paul Wagland vorbis at kungfoocoder.org
Fri Nov 28 06:51:10 PST 2003

Hi all,

OK, so I just bought myself a nice shiny new powerbook. Nice machine.
Very nice machine :-)

But, iTunes does not understand FLAC. My Digitised music collection
(entirely my own, ripped from my cd's, blah, blah, blah) is now mostly
in FLAC (as I slowly go through and convert it will all be in FLAC :-)

So, I have a problem. Or, if you want to look at it another way, I have
an itch. An itch that I intend to scratch.

Looking around, I have seen that a similar itch was scratched
(http://qtcomponents.sourceforge.net/) but this project seems to be
dead. Does anyone here know what is/has happen(ing|ed) (with|to) it?

If I set about writing the quicktime component to play FLAC (and
OGG/SPEEX) is anyone here interested in merging it into the mainstream?

Does anyone here know anything that I should be particularly wary of
when I start to approach this project?

Are there any other questions that I should of asked, and do you have
answers for them? :-)

Thanks in advance,
Paul