[vorbis-dev] Encoding in Delphi - Help

Lourens Veen lourens at rainbowdesert.net
Sat Nov 8 08:27:13 PST 2003

On Sat 8 November 2003 16:49, Crock Real wrote:
> The pcm file is 40 mb. The oggdropXP converts it in 1 minute. I
> have 800 MHz cpu.

Okay, yes, then 5 minutes is rather slow.

> >What is this fix; procedure call I see everywhere (I programmed
> > in
>
> "Fix" is an empty procedure (does nothing).

Ok.

> >That depends on your input file. If it's little endian, use
> > little endian, else if it's big endian use big endian. Doing
> > this the
>
> How can I check the input file??? I used both mode, and both of
> them take 5 minutes.

Well, if it's raw PCM data without a header then listening to it is
the easy way to do it, if it sounds like noise then you've got it
the wrong way around. You could open it in a hex editor and look at
the values, they shouldn't differ too much from sample to sample.

> Anyway, is my source correct?????

Well I compared with encoder_example.c and it seems to be a good
translation. I take it the Ogg file it generates does not work? Or
is it just a performance problem?

Lourens

--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key