[vorbis-dev] Dot Product / Inverse Coupling

Christian Wassmer chwassme at student.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 3 06:06:33 PST 2003

Hi!

I've got two questions concerning two steps in the decoding process.

- What's the reason for doing the inverse coupling step? The values
calculated there aren't used anymore, are they?

- I wasn't able to find any dot product (next step in the decoding
process) implementation neither at Tremor nor at jOrbis. I guess this
step is necessary otherwise the residues wouldn't make any sense. Or is
the dot product somewhere where it's not so obvious to perceive. Another
unclear part is, that my residues are mostly zero. This would lead to an
audio spectrum nearly zero ...?

Thanks,
Christian