[vorbis-dev] Re: Ogg Vorbis DirectShow decoder filter - ongoing development ?

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Mon May 26 00:21:23 PDT 2003

> The last thing we heard from Tobias was the announcement from Emmet that
> he has joined the Xiph Team as Theora developer officially, and that the
> sources of his DirectShow filter would be uploaded to Xiph CVS.

I don't remmber this.  Do you have a url to a message in the archive for
this?  Or was this only announced in IRC?

Afaict, Tobias only posted _once_ on any vorbis mailing list, and has
never responded to anyone's emails.

> Since then nobody, not even his personal friend Ludovic 'Blacksun'
> Vialle, has heard from him again, it seems he is facing some severe
> RLIs. And yes, developement on the filter seems to have stalled since
> then. Maybe about time to consider supporting the most used Multimedia
> OS with a general and official Vorbis/Ogg DirectShow filter from Xiph'
> site ?

This is depressing.  That leaves us one half way decent closed source
set of filters, and one totally awful set of open source ones.  Both
abandoned.

Would any of you win32 nuts like to help fund an official set of
plugins?  I have some pointers on reliable people to do the work.

jack.