[vorbis-dev] file header

P Oscar Boykin boykin at pobox.com
Tue Mar 11 15:12:05 PST 2003

Why not use gpg to encrypt and decrypt?

You could do the following:

gpg -c music.ogg -o music.gpg

then you can listen to your music with:

gpg -d music.gpg | ogg123 -

In this mode, gpg uses symmetric key crypto, so just give it any simple
passphrase (since you don't really care about keeping it ultra secret).

You could automate this process with a script easily, and you can have
gpg read the passphrase from a file descriptor. (see option
--passphrase-fd n )

I think this is a better solution that hacking up your ogg files and
ogg123.

Best,

Oscar.