[vorbis-dev] problem with encoding cbr

Mete BALCI mbalci at momentum-dmt.com
Fri Mar 7 02:33:59 PST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to encode PCM to OGG based on example code in OggVorbis SDK Win 1.0.

There is no problem with "vorbis_encode_init_vbr(&vi, 1, 44100, 0.4f);" setting.

However, using "vorbis_encode_init(&vi, 1, 44100, 96000, 96000, 96000);" setting gives such a warning by ogginfo: "Warning: EOS not set on stream 1"

I have modified ogginfo to display exact playback length. The original PCM data I am trying to encode is about 89.310s. OggInfo displays "89,309683s" for OGG encoded with VBR setting (that is correct), and it displays "88,170522s" for OGG encoded with CBR setting (that is wrong!).

Do I need to do something special for cbr setting? The encoder code is same for cbr and vbr setting.

PS: The original PCM data is 44100Hz, 16Bit, 1 Channel (mono).

Thanks in advance.

---
Mete BALCI
Senior Game Programmer
Momentum DMT
Istanbul, TURKEY

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail may contain
confidential and/or privileged information that is
intended only for the individual or entity named in
the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or taking of any action in reliance upon
the contents of this e-mail is prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact
the sender and delete the e-mail from your computer.
Thank you.