[vorbis-dev] Updated Vorbis-RTP Internet Draft

philkerr at elec.gla.ac.uk philkerr at elec.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 03:26:07 PDT 2003

Hi Linus,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Option 1, using the MIME type audio/vorbis and checking the transport stream,
RTP/HTTP, was suggested by the IETF folks.

I'll add the text you've written, below, to the IANA Considerations section. Thanks.

 This transport type signifies that the content is to be interpreted
 according to this document if the contents are transmitted over RTP. Should
 this transport type appear over a lossless streaming protocol such as
 TCP, the content encapsulation should be interpreted as an Ogg Stream in
 accordance with RFC 3534, with the exception that the content of the Ogg
 Stream may be assumed to be Vorbis audio and Vorbis audio only.

Phil