[vorbis-dev] Re: Project announcement : opensource Vorbis DirectShow decoder filter

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Sat Jun 14 05:09:41 PDT 2003

Jack Moffitt wrote:
> Please note that Tobias finally contacted me a week or so ago and said
> he was preparing an open source code release since he doesn't have time
> to maintain his filters.

Thats good news. If we would have known a bit earlier, it would have
saved us precious develoment time, but thats ok .....

Toff is convinced it wouldnt help us a lot anyway, as it seems Tobias
had made his filters only to serve Ogg as container and his very own Ogg
splitter/parser filter, ignoring all DirectShow based principles to
handle timestamps, so we had to make our own decoder anyway.

> Are any of the people involved with this on IRC very much?  I'd love to
> chat. jack.

I was trying to get hold of you on #vorbis last night, but didnt meet
you there. I admit, although i am logging there all the time, i hardly
can reasd through the logs, the birth of our 2nd child 6 months ago was
changing life completely for me ;) ....

But you are invited to join on our channel everytime, irc.corecodec.com
, #matroska ....

Christian