[vorbis-dev] Problems with ov_open continued

Lourens Veen lourens at rainbowdesert.net
Wed Jun 11 23:21:22 PDT 2003

On Thu 12 June 2003 06:57, ots1 at cs.waikato.ac.nz wrote:
> I've downloaded the latest versions of the libraries available
> from the website, http://www.vorbis.com/download_unix.psp, and
> compiled them, but it hasn't made any difference to the
> situation.

Make sure you removed the old versions from /usr/lib. On most
systems /usr/lib takes precendence over /usr/local/lib.

> I downloaded the .tar.gz "for everyone" versions, not the rpm
> developer versions. Will this make any difference?

Probably only in that the RPM puts the libs in /usr/lib and the
tarball puts it in /usr/local/lib by default. Which doesn't matter
as long as you make sure that you only have one version of
everything installed at a time.

Ofcourse, if you have an RPM-based system you may want to use the
RPMs to avoid dependency problems with other RPM packages.

Lourens

--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key