[vorbis-dev] ogg multithread encoding

torque torque at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Jun 18 06:05:21 PDT 2003

Hello!

I'm working on a program which purpose is to compress a single wav file using many processes. I know that my solution may not look excellent but in my opinion it's simple to implement it in a program.

What I've managed to do is:
-split single wav file into many parts (with appropriate headers),
-create process for each part,
-each process executes 'oggenc' program.

It seemed to be easy at the beggining to merge all small .ogg files later. But it looks to be the most difficult task.
Do you know maybe other solution to this problem (or a simple way to merge these ogg files)?

Thanks in advance
Krzysztof Wayda