[vorbis-dev] Uncompressed size in bytes

Andrew Csikvari csiki at mail.datanet.hu
Tue Jul 29 14:43:59 PDT 2003

Hi!

I would like to decompress an ogg vorbis file from the memory to the
memory.
I wrote my own callbacks for it (Why isn't there callback functions for
it? Just for void* data, and a size_t size).
Now I can read the ogg file from the memory but I don't know the total
size of the uncompressed data (I would like to decompress the data at
once).
How can I get the bitstream decompressed size?

Another question:
The sample bits are always 16?
The ov_read can handle 8 bit samples (one of it's parameters), but where
can I see whether the ogg file contains 8 or 16 bit samples?

Thanks,

        Csiki