[vorbis-dev] Vorbis RTP Internet Draft

Phil Kerr philkerr at elec.gla.ac.uk
Wed Jan 8 08:04:14 PST 2003

Hi Tor,

Thanks, this is a major ommission!

Adding the ID header to the codebook block is relatively easy, but as
the comment header is potentially unbound in length we should discuss
how we handle this.

Should we include comment information in the same packet as the
codebooks and ID block and run the risk of truncating this data (in the
real world how often would we have this much comment data) or should we
specify a new RTCP packet type for this data.

My feelings are the ID headers and codebooks should be packed together,
without the comment data, as these are needed for decoding as quickly as
possible.

(question:  would a bitrate peeled stream need a new set of codebooks?)

A seperate RTCP packet should handle the comment data as this can change
more often than the codebooks (a mix session with different tracks or
arias within an opera).

Thoughts?

Phil