[vorbis-dev] streaming FAQ

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.net
Wed Jan 29 09:33:25 PST 2003

You know, we really need a streaming FAQ.  There seem to be LOTS of
undocumented command-line switches for oggenc that help in limiting bitrates
that folks don't know about.

The recent thread with Derek at CD Baby brought out a lot of good info that I
didn't know, and I consider myself fairly plugged-in.  It would be helpful to
have something like:

Q: How do I limit the bitrate to absolutely, positively no more than X kbps,
even for a millisecond, starting with source material at 44.1 KHz/16 bit
stereo?