[vorbis-dev] Vorbis RTP Internet Draft

Phil Kerr phil at plus24.com
Wed Jan 8 10:32:36 PST 2003

This is certainly an option, but the IETF do seem to prefer this kind
of data to be sent out-of-band hence the suggestion to use RTCP.

For implementation it allows for the main process to go into a simple
loop and just decode the Vorbis stream, the control thread can take
care of everything else.

But, are there any advantages in keeping this data in-band that we have
not covered?

Phil