[vorbis-dev] Re: Vorbis RTP Internet Draft

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Wed Jan 8 02:22:16 PST 2003

tis 2003-01-07 klockan 18.18 skrev Phil Kerr:

> Below is the Vorbis RTP Internet Draft as sent to the AVT working group
> of the IETF.

> Comments and feedback is still welcomed from the Vorbis community.

That guy at Nokia who first got my audio/vorbis draft was going to join
the drafts into one, so that the media type audio/vorbis was defined
inside the vorbis-over-RTP spec.

Also, when talking to the AVT group they made it very clear to me that
audio/vorbis should be used as MIME-type for *BOTH* RTP payload and
stream based formats such as Ogg over TCP. (Letting the access method
determine the possible encapsulation format.)

There exist double MIME content types in the IANA for e.g. audio/mpeg
(streams) and audio/mpa-robust but these are there for historical
reasons. The AVT group prefer one unified spec for all transport
methods.

The AVT group may have changed their opinion on this subject, but not
that I'm aware of.

Linus