[vorbis-dev] bitrate

Andreas Langen info at la-x.de
Sun Feb 2 09:58:21 PST 2003

Hi all,

a hope, someone can help me:
i have encode a wav-file into the ogg-format. Then i decode the ogg-file to
a wav-file again.
But the wav-file does not play in the MS-Mediaplayer and my own written
J2audioPlayer.
In WinAmp it`s all ok.

The following wav-dataformats are running good: ACM, DVI/IMA, MU-LAW, PCM.
The BitRate from my OGG-wav is: 1203537 kBit/s
The BitRate from my PCM-wav is: 1411    kBit/s

Why has the OGG-wav so a high BitRate? Is it variabel?

Can anyboby give me a link, to a BitRate measurement tool or something else?

Best regards
Andreas Langen

   LA-X(TM)
   Wurgwitzer Strasse 34