[vorbis-dev] Adding Comments to OGG files

Dustin Smith smitda1 at wfu.edu
Tue Feb 4 08:24:48 PST 2003

Hello all.  I have been trying to add comments to OGG files, without much success.
If anyone is familiar with this process, I would appreciate any insight into why
this code may not be working:

          FILE *fp;
          OggVorbis_File ovFile;
          vorbis_comment *commie;

          ov_open(fp,&ovFile,NULL,0);
          commie=ov_comment(&ovFile,-1);
          vorbis_comment_clear(commie);

          vorbis_comment_add_tag(commie,"TRACK","TRACK NAME");
          vorbis_comment_add_tag(commie,"ARTIST","ARTIST NAME");

          ov_clear(&ovFile);

Using similar commands, I am able to read the comments from the OGG file.  However,
the above apparently does nothing permanent to the open OGG comment structure.

Thank you,
Dustin