[vorbis-dev] Problems building vorbis tools 1.0.1

Lourens Veen lourens at rainbowdesert.net
Fri Dec 12 10:40:22 PST 2003

On Fri 12 December 2003 16:06, Frederic B. wrote:
> Lourens Veen wrote:
> > Note that it's cleaner to tell configure where the files are.
> > Try ./configure --help and check the --with-X options. That's a
> > bit cleaner than creating symlinks all over the place.
>
> well, I have tried to run ./configure
> --with-ogg-libraries="/usr/local/lib/" - unfortunately it didn't
> have any effect.

Hmm, yes and if that was the problem then you would have gotten an
error from configure ofcourse.

Is /usr/local/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf? If not add it, and be
sure to run ldconfig after installing libraries.

It seems to be a linker problem at any rate, but I'm not really sure
what's causing it exactly. It may be the above, if not we'll have
to think of something else to try.

Lourens

--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key